Monday, November 22, 2010

My Quest for a Casual Xbox 360 Game.

I like video games. I like them a lot. It took me years to finally catch up, but I finally got my Xbox 360 this Summer. Right away I went in pretty hard, I bought Fable 2, beat it in a week. I got Dragon age: Origins, beat that in two weeks. Then things started to get dull. I picked up Magic the Gathering, the super nerdy card game with my friend, so all my time and money went into that. Because of this new-found hobby I wasn't putting in nearly as many hours as I should have on my Xbox. I am awful at FPS games Like CODMW, and I have a TV that is nearing 20 years old, so the on screen text is nearly impossible to read. So, as time went by, I drifted away from my Xbox.

I did not like that however, but with me being in school now, I never have time to actually sit down and play. I recently got Mass Effect, because it's supposed to be one of the best games of all time. I like the game, but the commitment of time it takes to get into the game and understand the story and each individual characters story is too much. So I realized what I need to enjoy my Xbox; casual games.

Now, finding casual games is a lot harder for me then it sounds. All games for the Xbox are built for Xbox live. I do not want to pay the $50 for a year of live, especially since I am going to be moving into a building where I cannot run live. So I've been thinking about some non-online casual games to play. I'm thinking racing games, something I can turn on, play for twenty minutes and then turn off. A type of game that if there is a story mode function, I can come back to it 2-3 weeks after last playing and understanding where I'm at. This is the kind of game I am looking for. I just bought Orange Box tonight hoping that Portal will be able to provide me some casual fun without requiring too much of my time. So far so good. I'll let you know how it goes in a week or so.

If any of you readers out there know of any good casual games that do not require Xbox Live let me know. I am in need of some things to do in order to kill time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you guys have to say!